Winter Storm Uri Spawns Destructive Southern Tornadoes
February 16, 2021
Source: The Weather Channel
Approximate location (according to media outlets) sustaining structural damage:
– Damascus (Early County, 31741, 39841)
– Grissettown (Brunswick County, 28469)
– Ocean Isle Beach (Brunswick County, 28467, 28469)
*Concentrated home damage reported in the Ocean Ridge Plantation Community
At a Glance
- Homes were destroyed and one person was injured in Damascus, Georgia, by a tornado.
- Three people were injured in Panama City Beach, Florida.
- Winter Storm Uri battered the South Monday.
The tornado hit the Ocean Ridge Plantation area in Brunswick County, North Carolina, at about 11:50 p.m. Monday night, Brunswick County officials said.
Several homes were destroyed and several others were “severely” damaged. In all, at least 50 homes were affected, according to a news release from Bruswick County Emergency Services.
For full report, please click the source link above.