Vacant Property Registration Proposed Ordinance Tracking
Proposed Ordinance Tracking
In addition to providing information relating to enacted property registration ordinances, Safeguard actively tracks proposed legislation across the country.
To view the latest updates, please refer to our blog below.
- Property Registration: New Jersey and MainePassaic, NJ The city of Passaic, N.J. has amended its property registration requirement to reflect a semi-annual fee of $500.00. Properties shall be registered within 10 days of foreclosure filing.
- Property Registration: Maine, Iowa, New Jersey, California, ColoradoBangor, ME The city of Bangor, Maine has amended its property registration ordinance to reflect renewal every six months. A fee of $500.00 will accompany initial registration and will double for each six-month period the building remains vacant, up to $4,000.00 per each renewal.
- Property Registration: Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New YorkBinghamton, NY The town of Binghamton, N.Y. has enacted a property registration requirement within 60 days of vacancy. The program will require annual renewal and will follow the below fee structure: Iniital Registration: $50.00Additional fee if building will remain vacant for more than 4 months or is in foreclosure: $500.00All Subsequent Renewals: $500.00
- Property Registration: Florida and New JerseyPalm Beach County, FL The county of Palm Beach, Fla. has amended its property registration ordinance to require that properties be registered within 10 days of default (previously a foreclosure or vacant jurisdiction). The program will also require annual registration accompanied by a $100.00 annual fee.
- Property Registration: Pennsylvania and New JerseyBiglerville, PA The borough of Biglerville, Pa. has amended its property registration ordinance to reflect an annual registration fee of $500.00. The property must be registered with the borough within 10 days of foreclosure filing.