VA: VALERI Special Announcement
April 23, 2019
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is in the process of transitioning to a new VA Loan Electronic Reporting Interface (VALERI) application scheduled to ‘go-live’ on Tuesday, May 28, 2019. This initiative has generated great interest in the mortgage industry. The following information is provided to assist our program partners in anticipation of this exciting milestone:
• 4/1/19 – Last day Post Audit cases were selected (tentative date to resume 7/1).
• 4/6/19 – The 90-day and 180-day Adequacy of Servicing (AOS) reviews will no longer generate (120-day AOS reviews will continue to generate).
• 4/26/19 – Last day to submit claims and appeals (until May 28, 2019).
• 5/15/19 to 5/24/19 – The Servicer Web Portal in VALERI will be a read-only application.
• 5/15/19 to 5/24/19 – Servicers using direct connect/service platforms will report to both Black Knight and VA. VA will process all files on 5/27 in date order.
• 5/15/19 to 5/24/19 – Transfer of Custody events will not generate (details forthcoming on appeals in the new VALERI application).
• 5/17/19 – Tentative date for servicer training (details forthcoming).
• 5/23/19 – Reports will be unavailable after 2:00 PM EST (servicers should generate and save all reports prior to this cut off time).
• 5/24/19 to 5/27/19 – VALERI will be unavailable.
Additional information will be provided as the deployment date nears, but some of the changes in the new VALERI application include:
• Access for new VALERI will be obtained and managed through AccessVA.
• Pre-Approval requests must be submitted via email directly to the assigned Loan Technician (until further notice).
• For Post Audits, Appeals, and Supplemental Claims, servicers will be required to provide the specific page number of the supporting evidence.
• Manual events and all claims will no longer be reported on an individual event/loan basis. All manual reporting must be performed using new bulk upload templates (not yet available).
• Servicers will have to re-enter their Points of Contacts (POC) for each department (servicers should make a copy of existing POCs before 5/23/19).
Servicers are encouraged to attend the next monthly webinar on Thursday, May 9, 2019, at 1:00 PM EST. Requests for webinar information and all other questions should be directed to the VALERI Helpdesk at email@example.com.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this important transition period.
VA Central Office Loan Management