VA Circular 26-14-32 Centralization of LAPP and SAPP Programs
On October 9, The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) issued Circular 26-14-32, subtitled Centralization of LAPP and SAPP Programs.
Centralization of LAPP and SAPP Programs
1. Purpose. The purpose of this Circular
is to announce the continuation of policy centralizing application processing and training for the Lender Appraisal Processing Program (LAPP) and Servicer Appraisal Processing Program (SAPP) will continue to ensure that program participants receive consistent training across the nation.
2. Background. The LAPP and SAPP programs were originally managed by the Regional Loan Centers (RLCs). The RLCs processed applications, conducted training, and performed oversight of all lender Staff Appraisal Reviewers (SARs), including reviewing and issuing Notices of Value for test cases. As a result of this arrangement, each RLC developed its own method of reviewing applications and providing training. Currently, VA Central Office (VACO) manages the LAPP and SAPP application processing and training components of the program. The RLCs will continue to perform primary oversight of all SARs, including completing the reviews of the test cases, where required.
3. Actions. Since September 1, 2009, VACO has managed LAPP and SAPP SAR application processing and training.
a. Applications. Lenders and servicers should continue to submit all SAR applications (VA Form 26-0785, Lender’s Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) Application) to:
Department of Veterans Affairs
Administrative and Loan Accounting Center (105/241A)
Attn: Agent Cashier
1615 Woodward Street
Austin, Texas 78772-0001
b. Training. If/when training events are held, announcements will be posted on the SAR website: http://benefits.va.gov/homeloans/appraiser_sar.asp. However, the VA SAR Training and Performance Support System (SAR TPSS) is now available. SAR TPSS is now the preferred training tool for new SARs and includes test cases as part of the online process. For more information see Circular 26-13-14.
c. Test Cases. As noted above, RLCs will continue to perform the reviews of LAPP and SAPP SAR test cases where called for. In those cases, SARs should notify the RLC of jurisdiction of their completed test case by e-mail. The subject line of the e-mail must (1) have the words, “SAR Test Case,” (2) indicate whether the SAR is LAPP or SAPP, and (3) include the SAR’s ID number (e.g. SAR Test Case LAPP SAR ID #15369). The body of the e-mail must contain the VA Loan Number. As mentioned, the SAR TPSS includes test cases and dramatically streamlines the process of test cases.
4. Questions. All inquiries should be sent to email@example.com.
5. Rescission: This Circular is rescinded January 1, 2017.
By Direction of the Under Secretary for Benefits
Michael J. Frueh
Director, Loan Guaranty Service
Please click here to view the online Circular.
Safeguard Properties is the largest mortgage field services company in the U.S. Founded in 1990 by Robert Klein and based in Valley View, Ohio, the company inspects and maintains defaulted and foreclosed properties for mortgage servicers, lenders, and other financial institutions. Safeguard employs approximately 1,700 people, in addition to a network of thousands of contractors nationally.