USDA: Electronic Status Reporting Implementation Date Delayed Three Months!
September 1, 2017
This notification is to convey to USDA Guaranteed Loan Servicers that the implementation date for the required use of the new electronic status reporting enhancements will be delayed by three months from April 1, 2018 to July 1, 2018.
USDA Rural Development (RD) will adopt enhanced Electronic Status Reporting (ESR) on July 1, 2018. At that time, all loan servicers are required to report for the period ending June 30, 2018 using the new Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) format or by using the web screens on USDALINC (https://usdalinc.sc.egov.usda.gov/RHShome.do). Below are the new business reporting requirements:
1. Monthly default status reporting will be enhanced to add additional data fields and default status codes. The current EDI Transaction Set 264 will continue to be used but will require many new data fields. The new default reporting structure will be similar to that of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA).
2. Quarterly status reporting will change in frequency from quarterly reporting to monthly reporting. The EDI Transaction set 203 will continue to be used and will not change in structure. However, the statuses of all loans will now be required on a monthly basis.
3. Loan servicers will now be required to perform corrections of their status reports, similar to what is required by FHA.
For loan servicers with a small USDA Rural Development portfolio, the web screen method of reporting will still be available in lieu of the EDI transaction sets.
The new “ESR Implementation Guide for the July 1, 2018 Effective Date” and “ESR Implementation Guide Release Notes” are located on the USDA LINC Training and Resource Library. Loan servicers will need to review the Implementation Guide and develop their EDI files in accordance with the requirements in the guide.
Online user training and an ESR User Guide (for the web screen reporting and correction of the status reports) will be provided on the USDA LINC Training & Resource Library in the near future. An announcement will be sent out on the GovDelivery SFH Guaranteed Servicing email updates once the training and User Guide are available. To subscribe to the SFH Guaranteed Servicing email topic, please click here.
We ask that loan servicers review both the “ESR Implementation Guide for the July 1, 2018 Effective Date” and “ESR Implementation Guide Release Notes” and should you have any questions or comments, please forward them to the following email boxes based on subject matter content:
- Technical Questions: RD.GLS.PROD@one.usda.gov
- Business Operational Questions: SFHGLDPROGRAM.wdc.usda.gov
For all other inquiries, you may contact us at 202-720-1452.
All Loan servicers should be preparing for the reporting changes. Many lenders may now decide to move from Web reporting to EDI reporting. Please note that reports using the new format cannot be reported prior to July 1, 2018. All reporting prior to July 1, 2018 must be in the current reporting format.
Please note that all ESR users are required to have a USDA e-Authentication Level 2 ID. As part of the Level 2 e-Authentication set up, users will be prompted with security questions. Users must remember their security questions and answers as they will be required should your password need reset.
Customer Service Center
Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Division
USDA ITS Service Desk Support Center
For e-Authentication assistance
Phone: 800-457-3642, option 1 (USDA e-Authentication Issues)
Rural Development Help Desk
For GUS system, outage or functionality assistance
Phone: 800-457-3642, option 2 (USDA Applications); then option 2 (Rural Development)