Tornadoes Strike the Northeast, Cause Major Damage
July 30, 2021
Source: The Weather Channel
Safeguard Properties Disaster Alert: Great Lakes Derecho
Approximate locations sustaining structural damage (flooding/tornadoes)
– Barnegat Township (Ocean County, 08005)
– Harvey Cedars (Ocean County, 08008)
– High Bar Harbor (Ocean County, 08008)
– Hopewell Township (Mercer County, 08525)
– Lakehurst (Ocean County, 08733, 08759)
– Long Beach Island (Ocean County, 08008)
– Mount Holly (Burlington County, 08060)
– Willingboro (Burlington County, 08046)
– Concordia (Middlesex County, 08831)
– West Caldwell (Essex County, 07006, 07007)
– Wintersville (Jefferson County, 43952, 43953)
– Bensalem (Bucks County, 19020, 19021)
*Concentrated home damage in Penn Valley Terrace mobile home park
– Buckingham Township (Bucks County, 18912)
– Feasterville-Trevo (Bucks County, 19053)
– Hellertown (Northampton County, 18055)
– Kempton (Berks County, 19529)
– Lynn Township (Lehigh County, 19529)
– New Hope (Bucks County, 18938)
– Plumstead Township (Bucks County, 18949)
– Trevose (Bucks County, 19053)
– Weisenberg Township (Lehigh County, 18031, 18051, 18066, 19530)
NOTE: This has not yet been declared a FEMA Disaster.
At a Glance
- Multiple tornadoes tore through parts of Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Jersey on July 30.
- This may have been one of the biggest New Jersey outbreaks on record.
- That followed a low-end derecho in parts of the upper Midwest.
Severe thunderstorms raked parts of the Midwest and Northeast, including a derecho in Wisconsin and Illinois and a swarm of tornadoes in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Ohio.
Supercell thunderstorms spawned multiple tornadoes Thursday afternoon and evening in the Ohio Valley and Mid-Atlantic states.
One destructive tornado tore through the village of Wintersville, Ohio, just west of Steubenville near the West Virginia state line around 6 p.m.
For full report, please click the source link above.