Storms Spawn Tornadoes in Southern Plains, Deep South
April 28, 2021
Source: The Weather Channel
KDFW FOX 4 (Large Hail Impacts Parts of Northern Tarrant County)
Approximate locations (according to media outlets) sustaining structural damage:
– Branson (Stone County, 65615, 65616)
– Indian Point, Branson (Stone County, 65616)
*Concentrated home damage reported along Table Rock Lake
– Norman (Cleveland County, 73019, 73026, 73068, 73069, 73070, 73071, 73072, 74857)
– Pauls Valley (Garvin County, 73075)
– Stilwell (Adair County, 74960)
– Azle (Parker/Tarrant Counties, 76020)
*Mobile home damage reported near Eagle Mountain Lake
– Hondo (Medina County, 78861)
– Keller (Tarrant County, 76248, 76262)
– Sabinal (Uvalde County, 7881)
– San Marcos (Hays County, 78666, 78667)
At a Glance
- Several motorists had to be rescued near Branson, Missouri.
- A tornado caused damage south of Oklahoma City.
- A tornado was also confirmed near Stillwell, Oklahoma.
Severe weather brought flooding and tornadoes that caused damage in parts of Oklahoma, Missouri and other states overnight and into Wednesday afternoon.
Flooding was reported in Branson, Missouri, as well as several other areas, including Abilene, Texas, and Bentonville, Arkansas.
The Southern Stone County Fire Protection District said several motorists were stranded and had to be rescued in the Branson area.
There was also a possible tornado in Branson, where downed trees damaged a historic cabin at Shepherd of the Hills Farm.
Water washed through areas in and around Roaring River State Park, about 50 miles west of Branson.
“This is a major, major flood today,” Paul Spurgeon, manager of the Roaring River fish hatchery, told the Springfield News-Leader. “We got about 3 inches in 40 minutes.”
An EF1 tornado was confirmed near Stillwell, Oklahoma, where several homes and barns were damaged when storms moved through around 6:15 a.m. Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service.
Overnight, a tornado touched down in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma, about 60 miles south of Oklahoma City. At least one home was damaged, but there were no reports of injuries, KOCO-TV reported.
For full report, please click the source link above.