MHA Program Update: SD 15-04 Making Home Affordable Program Extension and Administrative Clarifications
On May 21, Making Home Affordable (MHA) released an update titled MHA Program Extension and Administrative Clarifications.
MHA Program Update
Supplemental Directive 15-04: Making Home Affordable Program Extension and Administrative Clarifications
Today, May 21, 2015, Supplemental Directive (SD) 15-04: Making Home Affordable (MHA) Program – MHA Program Extension and Administrative Clarifications was issued providing guidance to servicers for implementation of the extension of MHA for Non-GSE Mortgages, specifically the:
- Home Affordable Modification Program® (HAMP),
- Home Affordable Unemployment Program?(UP),
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives® (HAFA) Program,
- Second Lien Modification Program? (2MP),
- Treasury Federal Housing Administration HAMP (Treasury FHA-HAMP), and
- Rural Development HAMP (RD-HAMP).
In addition, this Supplemental Directive provides administrative updates and clarifications to HAMP®, UP, and HAFA®.
The guidance in this SD applies to servicers that are subject to the terms of a Servicer Participation Agreement (SPA).
This Supplemental Directive amends and supersedes the notated portions of the Handbook and is effective immediately.
This SD does not apply to mortgage loans that are:
- owned, securitized or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac,
- insured or guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs, and
- except as stated herein, insured or guaranteed by the Federal Housing Administration or by the Department of Agriculture’s Rural Housing Service.
Read SD 15-04 in its entirety for more information.
Please click here to view the online update.
Safeguard Properties is the mortgage field services industry leader, preserving vacant and foreclosed properties across the U.S., Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and Guam. Founded in 1990 by Robert Klein and headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Safeguard provides the highest quality service to our clients by leveraging innovative technologies and proactively developing industry best practices and quality control procedures. Consistent with Safeguard’s values and mission, we are an active supporter of hundreds of charitable efforts across the country. Annually, Safeguard gives back to communities in partnership with our employees, vendors and clients. We also are dedicated to working with community leaders and officials to eliminate blight and stabilize neighborhoods. Safeguard is dedicated to preserving today and protecting tomorrow. Website: www.safeguardproperties.com.