HUD: FHA INFO #21-49: FHA Catalyst Functionality Updates
June 28, 2021
On June 25, 2021, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) released enhancements to the the FHA Catalyst: Claims Binder Module as part of FHA’s ongoing efforts to expand its technology capabilities. The platform enhancements provide mortgagees with additional options and flexibilities for claim submissions within FHA Catalyst.
The following functionalities are now available on the FHA Catalyst: Claims Module, which allows mortgagees to:
• Receive notification that prevents duplicate claim submissions.
• Add documents and/or files to an existing claim submission.
• Complete the actions below using an application programming interface (API), a
web based interface:
o Search for a single claim;
o Search in bulk for multiple claims;
o Submit multiple claims;
o Retrieve status on multiple claims;
o Download the status details on each claim made in bulk submissions; and
o Recheck the status on suspended claims.
To support users of the FHA Catalyst: Claims Module, mortgagees should review the updated FHA Catalyst: Claims Module Single Family Forward Claims User Guide.
Mortgagees can request access to modules within the FHA Catalyst platform from the FHA Resource Center by emailing at: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling: 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342).
• FHA Catalyst
• FHA Catalyst: Claims Module
Need Support? Contact the FHA Resource Center.
• Visit our knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at
• E-mail email@example.com. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
• Call 1-800-CALLFHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.