HUD: FHA INFO #20-71: FHA Catalyst: Claims Module Now Includes Reacquisition Claims Submission Functionality
September 28, 2020
Today, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) published Mortgagee Letter (ML) 2020-32, FHA Catalyst: Claims Module – Expanded Functionality for Reacquisition Claims. This ML announces additional functionality within FHA Catalyst, enabling mortgagees to electronically submit reacquisition claims for FHA benefits. Implementing this new feature is part of FHA’s ongoing efforts to provide digital solutions, improve efficiency, and standardize processes for stakeholders through the FHA Catalyst platform.
As of September 28, 2020, mortgagees may use this submission method for reacquisition claims in the FHA Catalyst: Claims Module. Stakeholders are encouraged to utilize the module as an alternative to submitting reacquisition claims by the traditional paper method; however, mortgagees can continue to submit paper claims in accordance with FHA’s existing standards and requirements. Module details will be incorporated in an upcoming Single Family Housing Policy Handbook 4000.1 update.
To access the module or receive guidance on its use, mortgagees should contact the FHA Resource Center by email at: email@example.com or call: 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342). Additionally, stakeholders can view the FHA Catalyst: Claims Module User Guide and pre-recorded webinar for more information.
• View Mortgagee Letter 2020-32 and all other archived Mortgagee Letters at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee
• View FHA Catalyst information at: https://www.hud.gov/catalyst
• View FHA Catalyst: Claims Module information at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/FHACatalyst/claimsmodule
•View the FHA Catalyst: Claims Module User Guide at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/FHACatalyst/claimsmodule
•View the FHA Catalyst: Claims Module pre-recorded webinar at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/FHACatalyst/claimsmodule
Contact the FHA Resource Center:
• Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at:
• E-mail the FHA Resource Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
• Call 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.