HUD: FHA INFO #19-57: Annual Report To Congress
November 14, 2019
Today, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) released its Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Annual Report to Congress on the financial status of FHA’s Mutual Mortgage Insurance Fund (MMIF) for fiscal year (FY) 2019. As detailed in the report:
• The MMIF Capital Ratio for FY 2019 was 4.84 percent, the highest level since FY 2007.
• FHA had insurance-in-force on single family mortgages valued at almost $1.3 trillion at the end of this past fiscal year.
• The performance of the forward book of business posted a stand-alone capital ratio of 5.44 percent.
• The Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) reverse mortgage portfolio continues to show a negative stand-alone capital ratio, but improved substantially from a negative (-) 18.83 percent capital ratio in FY 2018, to negative (-) 9.22 percent in FY 2019.
Read today’s Press Release.
Contact the FHA Resource Center:
• Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at: https://www.hud.gov/answers
• E-mail the FHA Resource Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
• Call 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.