HUD: FHA INFO #18-18: New Natural Disaster Partial Claim Option Available in FHA Connection
April 30, 2018
Source: HUD (FHA INFO #18-18 full version)
Today, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) announced that beginning tomorrow, May 1, 2018, it is making available in FHA Connection (FHAC) the new loss mitigation claim submission function — Claim Type 33 – 2017 Natural Disaster Partial Claim — to support the disaster standalone partial claim announced in Mortgagee Letter 2018-01, Loss Mitigation Policy Changes, and communicated in FHA INFO 18-08 on February 22, 2018. As announced in Mortgagee Letter 2018-01, the disaster standalone partial claim is designed to facilitate the resumption of the borrower’s established, pre-disaster payments following a period of disaster forbearance, while avoiding payment shock, as well as keeping their interest rate and payment terms the same.
Servicers will file the disaster standalone partial claim by selecting — Claim Type 33 – 2017 Natural Disaster Partial Claim submission instructions in the FHA Connection Guide once updated. In the meantime, FHA has posted a link to the submission instructions on hud.gov.
Note: Claim Type 33 will only allow the natural disaster standalone partial claim submission. Non-incentivized loan modifications should be reported via the non-incentivized loan modification function.
- Access FHA Connection at: https://entp.hud.gov/clas/index.cfm
- View Mortgagee Letter 2018-01 and all other archived Mortgagee Letters at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee
- View the FHA INFO 2018-08 and all other archived FHA INFO announcements on the FHA INFO Announcement Archives web page on hud.gov at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/FHA_info_messages
- Access the PDF of the new Claim Type 33 – 2017 Natural Disaster Partial Claim submission instructions at: https://www.hud.gov/sites/dfiles/Housing/documents/ClaimType33-2017NatDisPartialClaimSubInst.pdf
- Locate the FHA Connection Guide at: https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/mrtg-pkg.cfm
Contact the FHA Resource Center:
- Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at: https://www.hud.gov/answers
- E-mail the FHA Resource Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
- Call 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.