Freddie Mac Releases Checklists to Simplify Transfer Process for Servicers
On October 22, Freddie Mac released an update titled Servicing Transfer Checklists Simplify Transfer Process for Servicers.
Servicing Transfer Checklists Simplify Transfer Process for Servicers
Freddie Mac has introduced a comprehensive set of checklists to help guide you through the portfolio transfer process. The Servicing Portfolio Transfer Checklists provide start-to-finish instructions for setup and integration for newly acquired portfolios. You may have received these checklists in the past–which were previously referred to as “Servicer Setup Checklists”–to assist with your immediate needs. However, we have renamed the checklists, which include:
- Servicing Portfolio Transfer Checklist: Transfer of Mortgage Servicing Rights
- Servicing Portfolio Transfer Checklist: Interim Servicing
- Servicing Portfolio Transfer Checklist: Subservicing
Servicing Portfolio Transfer Checklists provide comprehensive support
When acquiring a servicing portfolio, either through purchase, placement by Freddie Mac for interim servicing, or subservicing, you must link your organization with that new portfolio using various Freddie Mac applications and processes. Access these helpful checklists under the Key Resources for Servicers section on the Service Loans web page. The Servicing Portfolio Transfer Checklists:
- Provide a complete set of instructions and contact information in one central location
- Offer guidance on obtaining connectivity and setup for newly acquired portfolios
- Improve Servicer productivity through easy access to our servicing-related suite of technology tools so that you can service your new portfolio
Please contact your Freddie Mac servicing representative or 800-FREDDIE if you have any questions about these checklists.
To view the online update, please click here.
Safeguard Properties is the largest mortgage field services company in the U.S. Founded in 1990 by Robert Klein and based in Valley View, Ohio, the company inspects and maintains defaulted and foreclosed properties for mortgage servicers, lenders, and other financial institutions. Safeguard employs approximately 1,700 people, in addition to a network of thousands of contractors nationally. Website: www.safeguardproperties.com.