Freddie Mac Recent Updates to Guide and Bulletins
August 13, 2015
Quick and easy access to information is important for your business. That’s why we’re focused on improving the usability of the Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) and our Guide Bulletins. Here are enhancements we’ve recently incorporated, based on your feedback:
- PDFs of Guide chapters and Bulletins on AllRegs®. Use the PDFs for easier printing and cutting and pasting content.
- Bulletin enhancements. To help you better identify and track information in Bulletins, we’ve made the following improvements:
- Anchor links. Click on a topic link in the Bulletin introduction to quickly get to the detailed information in the Bulletin.
- Critical information is now highlighted in the introduction. The Bulletin’s introductory text includes the future effective date of a Guide change when applicable. Also, if the requirement or process is new, it will say so in the introduction.
- Wednesday publication. When feasible, we’re publishing our Bulletins on Wednesdays.
- Advanced search features. If you access our Guide through FreddieMac.com, you’ll see these Advanced Search functionalities:
- Type ahead. As you begin typing a search query, a list of suggested topics appears in a dropdown so you can quickly locate the information you need.
- Highlighted results. Automatically see your search term highlighted on your search results page to help you determine what may be the content you’re looking for.
- Content navigators. Use this filter feature to further define your search criteria to get more relevant results.
More Guide Changes to Come
We continue to review Seller/Servicer feedback and plan to implement other Guide usability enhancements early next year. Our goal is to make the Guide more intuitive to use by organizing it to be better aligned with the way you do business with Freddie Mac.
As with any Guide update, you’ll be notified in advance of upcoming Guide changes.
Take Advantage of These Guide-related Resources
- The Guide and Forms Web page for access to the Guide, a full list of our Guide forms, Guide Update Spreadsheets, as well as other Guide resources
- Guide Snapshot PDFs for a PDF of the full Guide.
- Guide video on navigation and tracking.
Are you getting the latest Single-Family news and Guide Bulletins? Visit our Single-Family News Center and make sure you’ve subscribed to receive our Single-Family Update emails that include notifications about new Guide Bulletins.
Please click here to view the release online.