Freddie Mac Guide User Enhancements and Single-Family Resources
On November 6, Freddie Mac released an announcement titled Take Advantage of Recent Guide User Enhancements and Other Available Single-Family Resources.
Take Advantage of Recent Guide User Enhancements and Other Available Single-Family Resources
We continue to listen to our customers and develop resources that make it easier for you to do business with Freddie Mac. Recent usability enhancements to our Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) on AllRegs®, our Single-Family News Center, and comprehensive Learning Center are just a few of the resources available to you on FreddieMac.com and AllRegs.
This year, several new features have been developed to help you more easily reference the Guide and track updates, including:
- Introduction to AllRegs [PDF] – Provides detailed information for using the Guide, including:
- Searching and printing.
- Viewing Guide Bulletins and Industry Letters.
- Navigating content features.
Introduction to AllRegs joins recent Guide usability enhancements, including:
Available on AllRegs
- Inline revision history – Tracks Guide changes by showing or hiding past and future revisions. Provides the ability to review changes made throughout the year directly in line with the current information of a section, form, exhibit, Directory, or the Glossary (each a “Guide provision”).
- Color coded text for recent additions – Beginning on or after January 1, 2013, indicates the most recent Guide text additions by using green color coding.
- Quick access to related Guide Bulletins – For Guide changes announced in 2013 Guide Bulletins and beyond, provides you with quick access to the associated Guide Bulletin from the Guide provision.
Available on FreddieMac.com
- Historical Guide Snapshot – Offers the previous year’s Guide, as of the date of the last Bulletin published in that year, in a single PDF. Snapshots are currently available on FreddieMac.com for the previous three calendar years and we will continue to post the previous year’s snapshot every January.
- Guide Update Spreadsheets – In a customizable Excel® format, summarizes by subject the affected Guide provisions for select multi-topic Guide Bulletins.
Unless otherwise specified, the Guide text is updated with every Guide Bulletin publication. With this real-time view of the Guide, and our recent usability enhancements, you can be confident you are seeing the current Freddie Mac requirements as you make your lending decisions.
Single-Family Resources on FreddieMac.com
In addition to the new features and resources available with the Guide, the following are also available to help keep you informed of the latest Single-Family business news, information, and training opportunities:
- Visit our Single-Family News Center regularly to review our latest announcements.
- Take advantage of our Learning Center’s wide variety of training offerings.
- Review our Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide Bulletins and Industry Letters page for an index of our past Guide Bulletins and Industry Letters.
- Refer to our Summary of Recent Announcements and Upcoming Requirement Changes for Seller/Servicers [PDF] that provides a high level view of recent Guide Bulletins, Industry Letters, and other Seller/Servicer emails and the effective dates of upcoming requirement changes.
- Subscribe at our Single-Family Business News Subscription Center to make sure you’re receiving the Single-Family Update email categories and Technology System Alerts important for your job.
Accessing the Guide
The official electronic version of the Guide is available free of charge on AllRegs through FreddieMac.com. AllRegs offers additional features by subscription. Contact AllRegs at 800-848-4904 for more information.
Enhancing your ability to access and find the information you need in our Guide is just one of the ways Freddie Mac is committed to providing you comprehensive support to help you effectively and efficiently manage your business with us. If you have any questions about these resources, please contact your Freddie Mac representative.
To view the online announcement, please click here.
Safeguard Properties is the largest mortgage field services company in the U.S. Founded in 1990 by Robert Klein and based in Valley View, Ohio, the company inspects and maintains defaulted and foreclosed properties for mortgage servicers, lenders, and other financial institutions. Safeguard employs approximately 1,700 people, in addition to a network of thousands of contractors nationally. Website: www.safeguardproperties.com.