FHLMC Guide Bulletin 2015-3 Updates Announced
On March 17, Freddie Mac released an update titled Modification Updates Announced in Guide Bulletin 2015-3.
Modification Updates Announced in Guide Bulletin 2015-3
Today, in Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) Bulletin 2015-3, we announced changes that enhance our modification options and expand borrower eligibility using our loss mitigation toolkit. All changes are effective for new evaluations conducted on or after July 1, 2015, but you’re encouraged to implement them immediately.
To continue to provide effective options for you to help borrowers keep their homes, we’re updating the following requirements:
- Offering borrowers with Step-Rate Mortgages the opportunity for an earlier modification with our Freddie Mac Streamlined Modification (Streamlined Modification).
- Adding a new eligible hardship to our Freddie Mac Standard Modification (Standard Modification) Imminent Default Hardship test.
Eligibility Exclusions for:
- Streamlined Modification: Our three-step exclusion test (based on payment history, hardship reason and FICO® score) will no longer apply to Step-Rate Mortgages.
- Standard and Streamlined Modification:
- Increasing the permitted total number of previous loan modifications from one to two.
- Adjusting our requirements so a mortgage that was both:
- Previously modified under Guide Section B65.18(a), and
- Became 60 or more days delinquent within 12 months of the modification effective date, is only ineligible for a Streamlined or Standard Modification if the borrower was unable to bring the mortgage current following the original delinquency.
Borrower Response Packages for Streamlined Modifications
Updating Streamlined Modification requirements for situations when you receive a complete Borrower Response Package after the Streamlined Modification solicitation is sent to the borrower, but prior to you sending the modification agreement.
Please read Guide Bulletin 2015-3 for more details on these changes and for additional updates.
- Review our Summary of Upcoming Requirement Changes [pdf] to stay on top of upcoming requirement changes by effective date.
For More Information
- Read Guide Bulletin 2015-3 [pdf].
- Check out our updated Quick Reference: Communicating to Step-Rate Borrowers [pdf] and At-a-Glance: Modification Comparison [pdf] job aid.
- Sign up for our new Single-Family Week in Review email. This new email provides you with a weekly snapshot of all Single-Family News Center articles from the prior week as well as additional resources you may find helpful.
- Visit Freddie Mac’s Learning Center for additional information on our training programs and references tools.
- Contact your Freddie Mac representative.
Please click here to view the online update.
Please click here to view Guide Bulletin 2015-3 [pdf].
Safeguard Properties is the mortgage field services industry leader, preserving vacant and foreclosed properties across the U.S., Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and Guam. Founded in 1990 by Robert Klein and headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Safeguard provides the highest quality service to our clients by leveraging innovative technologies and proactively developing industry best practices and quality control procedures. Consistent with Safeguard’s values and mission, we are an active supporter of hundreds of charitable efforts across the country. Annually, Safeguard gives back to communities in partnership with our employees, vendors and clients. We also are dedicated to working with community leaders and officials to eliminate blight and stabilize neighborhoods. Safeguard is dedicated to preserving today and protecting tomorrow. Website: www.safeguardproperties.com.