FHLMC Guide Bulletin 2015-09 Save Time, Save Money – More Options
On June 15, Freddie Mac released an update titled Save Time, Save Money – More Options with Guide Bulletin 2015-9.
Save Time, Save Money – More Options with Guide Bulletin 2015-9
In today’s Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) Bulletin 2015-9, we’re announcing requirement changes that help save you time, money, and extend modification options for your borrowers.
Important changes include:
- Extending the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP®) for one year. All HAMP modifications must have an effective date on or before September 1, 2017, and all evaluations for HAMP must have a complete Borrower Response Package submitted on or before December 31, 2016.
- Updating the HAMP Pay for Performance incentive program.
- Extending the Freddie Mac Streamlined Modification indefinitely.
- Using the Freddie Mac Default Fee Appeal System for all late foreclosure sale reporting compensatory fee appeals. Effective September 1, 2015.
- Reimbursing unearned property insurance premiums for certain properties.
Please read Guide Bulletin 2015-9 for full details on these updates and more.
- Check out our Summary of Upcoming Requirement Changes [pdf] and At-a-Glance: Modification Comparison [pdf] job aid.
- For your convenience, printer-friendly PDF versions of our current Guide Chapters are now available on AllRegs.
- Vacation plans? Stay connected to the latest Single-Family news. The Single-Family Week in Review provides you with a summary of all the previous week’s Single-Family news and announcements every Monday morning.
For More Information
- Read Guide Bulletin 2015-9 [pdf].
- Review our HAMP and Default Fee Appeal System Web pages.
- Visit Freddie Mac’s Learning Center for additional information on our training programs and references tools.
- Contact your Freddie Mac representative.
Please click here to view the online update.
Please click here to view Guide Bulletin 2015-09 [pdf].
Safeguard Properties is the mortgage field services industry leader, preserving vacant and foreclosed properties across the U.S., Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and Guam. Founded in 1990 by Robert Klein and headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Safeguard provides the highest quality service to our clients by leveraging innovative technologies and proactively developing industry best practices and quality control procedures. Consistent with Safeguard’s values and mission, we are an active supporter of hundreds of charitable efforts across the country. Annually, Safeguard gives back to communities in partnership with our employees, vendors and clients. We also are dedicated to working with community leaders and officials to eliminate blight and stabilize neighborhoods. Safeguard is dedicated to preserving today and protecting tomorrow. Website: www.safeguardproperties.com.