FHLMC Guide Bulletin 2014-10 Updates to Short Sales and DILs
On June 3, Freddie Mac released Guide Bulletin 2014-10 Updates to Short Sales and DILs.
Updates to Short Sales and DILs in Guide Bulletin 2014-10
Your opinion is valuable to us. That’s why your feedback over the past year helped influence some of the servicing requirement changes in today’s Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) Bulletin 2014-10. We made over 15 Guide updates to provide you with more guidance and efficiency in the areas of fraud prevention, eligibility for service members, and borrower communications.
Because of the variety of information in this Bulletin, we’ve listed the topics here and ask that you read Guide Bulletin 2014-10 [PDF] for complete information.
- Freddie Mac Standard Short Sales (short sales) and Standard Deeds-in-lieu of Foreclosure (DILs)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Final Rules
- Unemployment Forbearance Guide Exhibit 93, Evaluation Model Clauses
- Distant Employment Transfer/Relocation
- Simultaneous Assumption and Modification
- Fraud Prevention – Many of our short sale and DIL updates in this Guide Bulletin are being made to aid in fraud prevention. Review our Freddie Mac Standard Short Sale FAQs and Fraud Prevention Best Practices [PDF] for information on fraud prevention.
- Online Self-Service Password Reset – Create your online user profile today for Single-Family business applications. Click here for more information.
- Freddie Mac Interest Rate – Effective July 8, 2014, Freddie Mac will evaluate market rates and update the Freddie Mac Standard Modification interest rate, if necessary, on a monthly basis.
- Sign up for the latest emails on Single-Family news, updates, alerts, and education opportunities on our Subscription Center.
- Visit Freddie Mac’s Learning Center for additional information on our training programs and references tools.
- Contact your Freddie Mac representative.
Please click here to view the online bulletin.
Safeguard Properties is the largest mortgage field services company in the U.S. Founded in 1990 by Robert Klein and based in Valley View, Ohio, the company inspects and maintains defaulted and foreclosed properties for mortgage servicers, lenders, and other financial institutions. Safeguard employs approximately 1,700 people, in addition to a network of thousands of contractors nationally. Website: www.safeguardproperties.com.