FHFA: Foreclosure Prevention Report – February 2018
May 10, 2018
February 2018 Highlights
The Enterprises’ Foreclosure Prevention Actions:
- The Enterprises completed 19,932 foreclosure prevention actions in February, bringing the total to 4,084,139 since the start of the conservatorships in September 2008. Over half of these actions have been permanent loan modifications.
- There were 10,606 permanent loan modifications in February, bringing the total to 2,173,383 since the conservatorships began in September 2008.
- Forty?six percent of modifications in February were modifications with principal forbearance. Modifications with extend term only accounted for 42 percent of all loan modifications during the month.
- There were 794 short sales and deeds?in?lieu of foreclosure completed in February, down 23 percent compared with January.
The Enterprises’ Mortgage Performance:
- The serious delinquency rate decreased slightly from 1.17 percent at the end of January to 1.16 percent at the end of February.
The Enterprises’ Foreclosures:
- Third?party and foreclosure sales decreased from 5,000 in January to 4,311 in February.
- Foreclosure starts decreased from 16,003 in January to 15,246 in February.
Attachments: Foreclosure Prevention Report – February 2018