HUD: FHA INFO #20-84: 2020 Report to Congress
November 13, 2020
Today, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) released its Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Annual Report to Congress on the financial status of FHA’s Mutual Mortgage Insurance (MMI) Fund for fiscal year (FY) 2020. Read the Press Release.
As detailed in the report:
• The MMI Fund capital ratio for FY 2020 was 6.10 percent, an increase of 1.26 percentage points from the combined capital ratio of 4.84 percent in FY 2019.
• FHA had insurance-in-force on single family forward and Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) with a total unpaid principal balance of more than $1.29 trillion as of September 30, 2020.
• The performance of the forward book of business posted a stand-alone capital ratio of 6.31 percent, an increase of 0.87 percentage points from 5.44 percent in FY 2019.
• While improved over FY 2019, the HECM reverse mortgage portfolio continues to show a negative stand-alone capital ratio, improving to negative (-) 0.78 percent in FY 2020 from negative (-) 9.22 percent in FY 2019.
Contact the FHA Resource Center:
• Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at:
• E-mail the FHA Resource Center at: email@example.com. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
• Call 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.