FHA INFO #15-81: Reminder: Guidance for the Origination and Servicing of FHA-insured Loans in Presidentially-Declared Major Disaster Areas
October 5, 2015
On October 3, 2015, President Obama signed an emergency declaration for the State of South Carolina, which was affected by severe storms and flooding beginning on October 1, 2015.
Today, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) is reminding its approved mortgagees and servicers of special origination and servicing guidelines for FHA-insured loans in Presidentially-Declared Major Disaster Areas.
This guidance was first issued in Mortgage Letters 2012-23 and 2012-28 and amended in Mortgagee Letter 2013-11, Additional Guidance for the Origination and Servicing of FHA-insured Loans in Presidentially-Declared Major Disaster Areas and Specific Requirement for Hurricane Sandy Affected Communities.
- View all archived Mortgagee Letters at: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee
- Contact the FHA Resource Center:
- Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at www.hud.gov/answers.
- E-mail the FHA Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
- Call 1-800-CALLFHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech