FHA INFO #15-43: Extension of the Implementation Date for Mortgagee Letter 2015-07: Trial Payment Plans Associated with HUD?s Loss Mitigation Loan Modification Options for Forward Mortgages
On June 3, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) released single family housing news and updates in FHA INFO #15-43.
TO: All FHA-Approved Mortgagees Servicing Single Family Mortgages
NEWS AND UPDATES
Extension of the Implementation Date for Mortgagee Letter 2015-07: Trial Payment Plans Associated with HUD’s Loss Mitigation Loan Modification Options for Forward Mortgages
Today, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) announced that it is extending the implementation dates for the policy changes originally announced in Mortgagee Letter (ML) 2015-07: Trial Payment Plans Associated with HUD’s Loss Mitigation Loan Modification Options for Forward Mortgages, issued on March 18, 2015. The policy changes announced in ML 2015-07 will now become effective with the Servicing section of the Single Family Housing Policy Handbook (HUD Handbook 4000.1) and on a date that will be established at the time of publication of that handbook section.
Questions regarding the extension of ML 2015-07 should be directed to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) National Servicing Center at 1-877-622-8525. Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800- 877-8339.
- Access Mortgagee Letter 2015-07 and all other archived Mortgagee Letters at: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee
- View the online version of HUD Handbook 4000.1 on HUDCLIPS at: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh
Contact the FHA Resource Center:
- Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at www.hud.gov/answers.
- E-mail the FHA Resource Center at email@example.com. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
- Call 1-800-CALLFHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.
Please click here to view the online update in its entirety.
Safeguard Properties is the mortgage field services industry leader, preserving vacant and foreclosed properties across the U.S., Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and Guam. Founded in 1990 by Robert Klein and headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Safeguard provides the highest quality service to our clients by leveraging innovative technologies and proactively developing industry best practices and quality control procedures. Consistent with Safeguard’s values and mission, we are an active supporter of hundreds of charitable efforts across the country. Annually, Safeguard gives back to communities in partnership with our employees, vendors and clients. We also are dedicated to working with community leaders and officials to eliminate blight and stabilize neighborhoods. Safeguard is dedicated to preserving today and protecting tomorrow. Website: www.safeguardproperties.com.