FHA Announces Extended Feedback Period for Draft Servicing Section
On October 7, The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) released INFO message #14-61, discussing a feedback extension period for the draft Servicing section of the Single Family Housing Policy Handbook.
FHA INFO #14-61
October 7, 2014
NEWS AND UPDATES
TO: All FHA-Approved Mortgagees
Single Family Handbook: Feedback Period Extended for Draft Servicing Section
Today, the Federal Housing Administration is extending the feedback period for the draft Servicing section of the Single Family Housing Policy Handbook (SF Handbook) through November 14, 2014. Originally the deadline was October 17th. FHA is extending the period to allow stakeholders additional time to provide feedback.
The Servicing section’s content, as well as supporting information, is posted on FHA’s Single Family Housing’s Policy Drafting Table Servicing FHA Mortgages page. The section’s web page contains hyperlinks to the following:
- Servicing section draft for review and feedback
- Highlights of Changes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Feedback Response Worksheet
- Call the FHA Resource Center at 1-800-CALLFHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.
- Email the FHA Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., ET, Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
- Visit our online FAQ site at www.hud.gov/answers.
About the FHA SF Handbook Effort
FHA’s SF Handbook is part of FHA’s effort to enhance access for the full spectrum of FHA-eligible borrowers. The effort to develop a new FHA Handbook is a multi-phased initiative to develop and publish a single, comprehensive source for FHA Single Family Housing policy. Origination through Post-Closing/Endorsement for Title II Forward Mortgages is the first completed and published section of the SF Handbook (HUD Handbook 4000.1). Other SF Handbook sections and
sub-sections have been, or will be, posted for feedback. Stakeholders can find more information on draft SF Handbook sections and sub-sections on FHA’s SF Drafting Table web page.
Please click here to view the INFO message online.
Safeguard Properties is the largest mortgage field services company in the U.S. Founded in 1990 by Robert Klein and based in Valley View, Ohio, the company inspects and maintains defaulted and foreclosed properties for mortgage servicers, lenders, and other financial institutions. Safeguard employs approximately 1,700 people, in addition to a network of thousands of contractors nationally.