Fannie Mae SVC-2014-18 Miscellaneous Servicing Policy Updates
On October 15, Fannie Mae released Servicing Guide Announcement SVC-2014-18, subtitled Miscellaneous Servicing Policy Updates.
Servicing Guide Announcement SVC-2014-18
Miscellaneous Servicing Policy Updates
This Announcement provides updates and clarifications for several servicing policies, including
- execution of legal documents,
- execution of mortgage loan modification agreements,
- execution of assumption agreements,
- releases of security for mortgage loans in bankruptcy,
- substitution of trustee,
- document preparation update for Mortgage Releases™,
- allowing third-party vendors to prepare Mortgage Release documents, and
- Mortgage Release documentation preparation services
Please click here to view the announcement in its entirety.
Safeguard Properties is the largest mortgage field services company in the U.S. Founded in 1990 by Robert Klein and based in Valley View, Ohio, the company inspects and maintains defaulted and foreclosed properties for mortgage servicers, lenders, and other financial institutions. Safeguard employs approximately 1,700 people, in addition to a network of thousands of contractors nationally.