Fannie Mae: Lender Letter LL-2017-01
January 4, 2017
This Lender Letter contains updates to the following:
- United Guaranty Corporation Acquired by Arch U.S. MI Holdings, Inc., and
- Approved Mortgage Insurance Forms.
United Guaranty Corporation acquired by Arch U.S. MI Holdings, Inc.
Fannie Mae has approved the acquisition of United Guaranty Corporation, including mortgage insurers United Guaranty Residential Insurance Company and United Guaranty Mortgage Indemnity Company, by Arch Capital Group, Ltd. These United Guaranty entities are wholly-owned direct subsidiaries of Arch U.S. MI Holdings, Inc. At this time, there is no change to the use of MI Code (“12”) or the ULDD Enumerated Value (”UGI”) delivered by lenders to identify loans insured by either of these United Guaranty entities. If we change our delivery requirements in the future, we will provide advance notice to sellers and servicers.
Approved Mortgage Insurance Forms
We have updated the list of approved mortgage insurance forms as follows:
- Replaced the previous Essent Guaranty, Inc. endorsement with: Illinois State Variation Endorsement, EGI-1003.104 (11/16);
- Corrected the Radian Guaranty Inc. endorsement: No Arbitration Endorsement (for GA and MO), RAF487 12/13; and
- Added a new Radian Guaranty Inc. endorsement: Florida Arbitration and Limitation of Action Endorsement, RAF507 9/16.
The updated list is available on Fannie Mae’s website.
Lenders who have questions about this Lender Letter should contact their Account Team.
Carlos T. Perez
Senior Vice President and
Chief Credit Officer for Single-Family
Source: Fannie Mae