FHFA: Foreclosure Prevention Report – November 2017
February 8, 2018
November 2017 Highlights
The Enterprises’ Foreclosure Prevention Actions:
- The Enterprises completed 22,411 foreclosure prevention actions in November, bringing the total to 4,013,134 since the start of the conservatorships in September 2008. Over half of these actions have been permanent loan modifications.
- There were 11,264 permanent loan modifications in November, bringing the total to 2,140,484 since the conservatorships began in September 2008.
- Forty three percent of modifications in November were modifications with principal forbearance. Modifications with extend term only accounted for 41 percent of all loan modifications during the month.
- There were 930 short sales and deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure completed in November, down 19 percent compared with October.
The Enterprises’ Mortgage Performance:
- The serious delinquency rate increased from 0.95 percent at the end of October to 1.05 percent at the end of November.
The Enterprises’ Foreclosures:
- Third-party and foreclosure sales decreased slightly from 4,776 in October to 4,730 in November.
- Foreclosure starts increased from 13,601 in October to 18,605 in November.
Foreclosure Prevention Report – November 2017