National Property Preservation Conference 2009
Safeguard hosted the sixth annual National Property Preservation Conference.
The mortgage and field servicing industries continue to navigate through unprecedented times in the housing market. Addressing the impacts resulting from the foreclosure crisis has presented a volume of challenges, as well as new opportunities. These recently took center stage as industry professionals gathered at the 6th annual National Property Preservation Conference.
From the opening remarks by MBA President and CEO John Courson through the final session entitled "Community Impact", the record number of participants representing all sectors including servicers, field service providers, municipal authorities, attorneys, and non-profit leaders engaged in open dialogue, collaboration, and creative thought focused on overcoming the myriad of obstacles impacting the industry.
The conference, organized and facilitated by Safeguard Properties, was highlighted by:
- Keynote addresses by the newly appointed HUD Deputy Assistant Secretary for Single Family Housing Vicki Bott, along with HUD Director of Single Family Asset Management Vance Morris. Ms. Bott and Mr. Morris outlined the current strengths of FHA/HUD and their visions for the future;
- The "State of the Industry" session offered a high level overview of the current and future state of the industry, provided by industry executives;
- An overview and discussion of the upcoming changes to HUD's disposition methods that will be incorporated into the new "M&M III" contract;
- Review of Federal, State, and local legislation impacting the industry, along with solid, viable solutions to these issues (MERS Initiative, ROOF Agreement, Receivership, and others);
- A discussion of best practices to new developments impacting the industry (S.896 Protecting Tenants after Foreclosure Act) ; and
- A discussion on how to improve communication with municipalities thereby building relationships that collaborate in achieving goals such as reducing urban blight and revitalizing communities.
Please click on the links below to view summaries, PowerPoint presentations and video recordings of the different sessions that took place during the National Property Preservation Conference 2009.
Keynote Speakers: John Courson, MBA President & CEO and Vicki Bott, HUD Deputy Assistant Secretary for Single Family Housing
General Session: State of the Industry
General Session: HUD Part 1
General Session: HUD Part 2
General Session: Investors/Insurers
General Session: REO
General Session: enant Protection
General Session: Community Impact